Bowes and Bounds Connected

A Community Network for Bowes Park and Bounds Green

All Discussions Tagged 'history' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

New Southgate as was - a response to Richard's welcome

Hello Richard,   Thanks for your welcome!   I am pleased to have discovered this Forum and now to be a member if it. I live in nearby in Mu…

Started by Colin Marr

11 Sep 6, 2017
Reply by PeterLen Turner

Conscientious Objectors in WW1 in Haringey - Haringey First World War Peace Forum

Conscientious Objectors in WW1 in Haringey The Haringey First World War Peace Forum (HFWWPF)  https://hfwwpf.wordpress.com/ is a small wor…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Aug 31, 2015

Finsbury Arms, 65 Truro Road

Every time I walk past this building on the corner of Finsbury Gardens I wonder about its history as a pub. Then I stumbled across this pho…

Started by Lindsey Berthoud

2 Aug 17, 2015
Reply by Lindsey Berthoud

NEW Hornsey Historical Society Publication. Crouch End - Four Walks by Eleri Rowlands

NEW Hornsey Historical Society Publication   Crouch End - Four Walks by Eleri Rowlands   30 pages All new text 64 new colour photos 5 vinta…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Jul 13, 2015

IVY-MANTLED TOWER A history of the church and churchyard of St Mary Hornsey, Middlesex

IVY-MANTLED TOWER A history of the church and churchyard of St Mary Hornsey, Middlesex Bridget Cherry OBE, FSA, Hon FRIBA, an architectural…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Mar 10, 2015

ARE YOU WELL?

Come and celebrate in our local community. It's free! Join us to make our neighbourhood a happy, healthy place for all. On Saturday 25th Oc…

Started by Living Under One Sun

0 Oct 20, 2014

NEW - HISTORY WALK OF HORNSEY VILLAGE

Just to let you know that the walk of Hornsey (written by me and a colleague from Hornsey Historical Society) has just been published. As l…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Sep 1, 2014

Google Street View - looking back in time.

Over the last few days my social media connections have been buzzing with links to the new Google Street View service which now allows view…

Started by Richard McKeever

0 Apr 27, 2014

North London zither supplies..?

A friend found an old zither and accompanying song book in her mum's shed on the Isle of Wight yesterday — both were bought by her gran aro…

Started by Julian Prokaza

1 Sep 2, 2013
Reply by Richard McKeever

Aspects of Education in the Ancient Parish of Hornsey to 1965

6 seminars Thursdays 7pm to 9pm £65 (inc refreshments) 18 & 25 April; 2, 9, 16 & 23 May During April and May John Hinshelwood and…

Started by Lesley Ramm

0 Mar 24, 2013

RSS

Advertising

Support this site

We operate as a volunteer-run community project, accepting advertising helps cover our costs. Whilst it's cheap to run the site - it's not free. If you can help - please consider making a donation..

Events

May 2019
SMTWTFS

My Bowes Park

Read about the amazing local history project by Sound Delivery.

© 2019   Created by Richard McKeever.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...